The Tri 4 Schools Training Team is a fitness program
that will prepare students to participate in a Tri 4
Schools Kids Triathlon. We work with elementary schools, middle schools, community centers, and private health clubs to host training teams.
We are currently accepting site application forms for 2020 training teams. Applications for spring programs are due by November 30, 2019.
Hosts sites will need to:
- Identify two staff members to lead the program at your site. Coaches should expect to commit 3-5 hours per week to coach the program.
- Have access to practice space for running and biking
- Recruit a minimum of 10 students to participant on the team
Training Dates & Scheduling
Each training team will be preparing for one of three upcoming triathlons. Practice calendars are flexible as each site schedules
specific training days and times that work best for
them. Here’s what you can expect:
- Practices begin 10 weeks before the event
- 13 to 16 total practices
- Three bike training days
- Three swimming lessons
- Celebration day at the end of the program
Waunakee Kids Triathlon
May 16, 2020
Sun Prairie Kids Triathlon
June 20, 2020
Middleton Kids Triathlon
August 22, 2020
Tri 4 Schools Provides…
Tri 4 Schools will support training teams by providing
equipment and transportation when necessary.
- Scheduling onsite bike fleets for practices
- Providing a bike and/or helmet for any team
member that needs one for the triathlon
- Providing swim gear and/or safe running
shoes as needed
- Providing transportation from the host site to
the triathlon if necessary
- Providing transportation to swim lessons
Tri 4 Schools staff will work with coaches at each site
to assess the specific needs of their team.
Contact us for more information!
Are you interested in the program but have questions before submitting an application? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
200 E. Verona Ave. #126
Verona, WI 53593