The Tri 4 Schools Training Team is a fitness program
that will prepare students to participate in a Tri 4
Schools Kids Triathlon. We work with elementary schools, middle schools, community centers, and private health clubs to host training teams.
We are currently accepting site application forms for the 2022 Training Team program. If you are interested in coaching a new team, complete the application below and we will be in contact to discuss scheduling a team at your site. Applications for spring programs are due by November 26, 2021.
Hosts sites will need to:
- Identify two staff members to lead the program for your team. Coaches should expect to commit 3-5 hours per week to coach the program.
- Have access to practice space for running and biking
- Help promote the program and reach participants
Training Dates & Scheduling
Each Training Team prepares together to complete a Tri 4 Schools event. Practice for each team typically starts 8-10 weeks prior to the goal event. Tri 4 Schools 2022 race dates have not been finalized, but are tentatively planned for May, June, and August. Each team will schedule specific training days and times that work best for them, so practice schedules are flexible. Here’s what you can expect:
- 10-15 workouts that incorporate cardio, strength training, and mindfulness
- Run coaching
- Bike training
- Swimming lessons
- Celebration day at the end of the program
Tri 4 Schools Provides…
Tri 4 Schools will support the Training Team program at your site by providing
equipment and transportation when necessary.
- Scheduling onsite bike fleets for practices
- Providing a bike and/or helmet for any team
member that needs one for the triathlon
- Providing swim gear and/or safe running
shoes as needed
- Providing transportation from the host site to
the goal event if necessary
- Providing transportation to swim lessons
Tri 4 Schools staff will work with coaches at each site
to assess the specific needs of their team.
Contact us for more information!
Are you interested in the program but have questions before submitting an application? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
200 E. Verona Ave. #126
Verona, WI 53593