Tri 4 Schools offers grants for large-scale school-based initiatives each year. We also offer scholarships to athletes in our community who have financial need.
Tri 4 Schools Wellness Grants
The purpose of the Tri 4 Schools Wellness Grant program is to support school or community-based initiatives that promote the physical and/or mental well-being of children in Dane County elementary and middle schools (ages 3-14). Every year, Tri 4 Schools donates event proceeds to Dane County schools to support wellness initiatives. To date, we have contributed over $375,000 to over 200 schools via direct donations and grant-based support. This year, Tri 4 Schools is accepting applications for grant requests between $500-$2,000 that support school-based wellness initiatives.
Who can apply?
- School personnel
- Student groups (with an identified school-based mentor)
- Community members in Dane County (with an identified
How to apply?
- Apply using the online application form below
- Download the paper form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- New in 2021, alternative application submissions including video, pictoral, or audio submissions will be accepted at email@example.com
- All applications must address all questions from the online or paper application
- Contact our grant committee to submit an alternative application
- Watch our video tutorials or contact the grants committee for additional assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be accepted from September 17 – October 24.
- Funds must be used for a project that will be completed BEFORE September 1, 2022
- Grant awardees are required to do the following: (1) authorize and grant Tri 4 Schools, its subsidiaries, and affiliated entities full permission to utilize any and all grant materials (including your application, reports, photos, and testimonials) for any legitimate purpose; (2) submit a brief progress report by 5/1/2022; and (3) submit a brief project completion report by 9/1/2022, including consented pictures and testimonials. You will be assigned a representative from our Grants Committee who will communicate with you on these reports.
Some examples of winning grant proposals:
- Waunakee Elementary Schools: Waunakee purchased a railyard fitness system (see images to the left) for all three of their elementary schools, which is inclusive of students of all abilities and fitness levels.
- Glacier Creek Middle School: GCMS implemented active classroom tools, like stability balls, pedals for seated desks, and balance boards and discs.
- Marshall Elementary: Marshall purchased a new, high tech pedometer system to help kids track their movement and steps all day long, and see their results immediately. We all can identify with the motivation that comes from achieving your health goals, and this will introduce kids to the concept of daily movement.
- MMSD: We helped all of Madison’s elementary schools with their rollerblading unit, an annual favorite unit in phy-ed class, by purchasing new elbow and knee pads. We hope this will help keep kids safe while moving!
- Schenk Elementary: Schenk is in the process of updating and renovating their playground and recess spaces, and we funded two new rolling carts, stocked with all the coolest recess equipment kids would want!
- Westside Elementary: Westside implemented mindfulness curriculum and equipment into all of their classrooms, helping their students (many of whom come from high-stress environments and situations)
focus, reduce stress, and selffor optimal classroom learning. regulate
Are you ready to have a happy, healthy, and confident kid?
Register for an event today!
200 E. Verona Ave. #126
Verona, WI 53593