I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately on Tri 4 Schools and what I’m up to lately. I don’t think people mean to do this, but there’s a lot of implications that I’m sitting around waiting for spring so there will be something to do…like a bear going in to hibernation.
So, I thought to give some insight as to what I spend September through December doing, I’d give you a quick top five.
1. Sponsor Recruitment: most businesses prepare their budgets for the 2013 year starting in September and going through November. Therefore, we need to get the word out about our 2013 races and why it would be great to partner with local companies.
2. Grants: although some grant giving cycles vary, many have deadlines in this same time window. I spend a lot of time writing and applying for grants for various things during this time period, namely scholarships and resources for low-income families and kids.
3. Board Member recruitment: this year, I’m recruiting more board members to help us expand our reach in Dane County. I’ve put a lot of thought in to who I’m looking for, finding people that fit those skills, and interviewing/communicating with them.
4. Financial Analysis: We switched to using Quickbooks this year, and I meet with my accounting advisor to make sure all finances are tracked appropriately and kept up. A big part of this is distributing the funds raised for the schools during the year.
5. Fundraising: This never really stops, but once the race season is over, I can ac