Hi fans and followers,
Well, we had our first few nice days of the Spring last week. So, in honor of the impending thaw, let’s play a short phrase association game. I’ll say melting snow, which makes me think of mud, which makes me think of our Spring Mud Run coming up on May 17th!
Last year’s Mud Runs, co-produced with Race Day Events LLC’s Madison Mud Run, had huge turnouts for the first year – 750 and 720 participants respectively. To make things even more fun this year, and to get the grown-ups more involved in the action, we’ve collaborated with our friends once again to bring you the new and improved (drumroll please)…
Yes friends, it’s one giant day of muddy fun for kids of all ages! We’ve combined two days of mud runs into a day full of muddy events that are sure to please everyone.
What are some of the new additions and changes for this year’s festival?
- 5k distance for kids and adults with a 1980s theme: obstacles are all 80’s themed, and we’ll reveal a few each week to keep you guessing!
- Two alternate kids courses: 1.5 miles and .3 miles for the littlest ones, where parents can run alongside kids if they’d like!
- Endurance challenge: see how many times you can complete the course in a three or six hour period and win prizes!
- Mud Tug-of-War: It’s a six-on-six test of strength and will power! Tug-O-War format will be double elimination with top teams in Male, Co-Ed, and all female. Register early as a limited amount of teams may participate!
- Husband/Wife Carry Competition (adults only!): The ultimate relationship test! Heats of 10 couples will compete against each other over a 200 meter course with two obstacles, and of course, through the Mud Pit! The overall champion will win the spouse’s weight in beer.
In addition to all this, the generous and supportive team at Race Day Events LLC has named us the official charity partner of the Verona Mud Fest! As such, 10% of profits will go to Tri 4 Schools, and we receive $20 for each volunteer we recruit. Now, here’s where you come in…
How Can You Get Involved?
- Participate: Sign up for one or more events online through Active.com. We expect large numbers for this event, so register early to guarantee your spot!
- Volunteer: If you’re more the “mud-free” type, sign up for one of our three volunteer shifts (7-11am, 11am-3pm, 3-6pm)! We receive $20 for every volunteer we recruit, so help a great cause, and enjoy yourself while doing it! You can sign up now on our volunteer form.