It was a beautiful day to get out and make a difference…and have fun doing so!
We’re incredibly grateful for Prominence Advisors‘ support of our third annual Golf Classic, held on Saturday, September 17th. This year, we made the move to University Ridge, and from the feedback we received, this will be a staple for the event in future years. Their facilities and food were second to none, and the staff were great to work with, too!
With 113 golfers registered, and great support from our hole sponsors, we were confident about reaching our ambitious goal of $10,000 towards the growth of the Exercise to Achievement program. However, we knew we would need to rely on the generosity of our golfers on the course and through the silent auction.
So, how did we do? Drumroll, please…
We raised $13,500!
Yep, over double the amount raised last year. Incredible!
We absolutely could not have done it without an entire host of people:
- Our sponsors – the number above would be FAR less if it weren’t for you.
- Our volunteers – you spent SIX hours with us on a Fall Saturday…you are wonderful!
- Our Board Chair, Austin Krueger, and Board Members, who recruited foursomes
- The University Ridge staff – thanks for keeping everything running smoothly and preventing headaches and last-minute craziness
- Our attendees! Thank you for your generosity.
- All the significant others and spouses who allowed these golfers to come out and play on a Saturday afternoon!
We’ll be sure to let you know when we have our 2017 date set – and we look forward to seeing you there!