It was a perfect Fall day full of school spirit…
and we’re so thankful you spent it with us! Our third annual Fall mud run was definitely one to remember, and nearly 850 people helped make this year’s event our smoothest one yet. We’d like to give a special thanks to everyone involved with the mud run:
- To our fantastic sponsors, especially Madison Smile Solutions, Meriter & Physicians Plus, TDS, Culver’s, and WEA Trust, for helping support the event financially and with discounted services…we wouldn’t be able to donate all our entry fees back to schools without your financial support!
- To our incredible volunteers – we had over 75 volunteers helping in all sorts of roles on event day. With shifts starting as early as 6:30am, we’re so appreciative and honored that you got up early to help our athletes and families. A special thank you to the UW Kinesiology Club, who sent 19 volunteers out to our event, and proudly sported your Badger gear! We can’t do this without you helping to keep our kids safe and our event running efficiently.
- To our participants and their families – There would be no race and no money going back to schools without you. Thanks for spending a sunny Saturday morning with us, when there are so many choices you have on a Fall weekend in Madison.
- To the teachers who brought shuttles of kids, promoted the event, and volunteered on the course – Thank you for being a teacher on a Saturday morning in addition to almost every other day of the week! We appreciate you giving your time to give your students this opportunity.
All of these groups of people came together to create some amazing results…
Our Fittest School for the Fall Mud Run this year is LINCOLN ELEMENTARY with a whopping 86 kids! Their entire school really gets behind the Mud Run, and their phy-ed teacher, Mr. Smith, does an amazing job promoting the event and encouraging friendly competition between grades to see who gets the most kids signed up. Looks like they’ll have another trophy to add to their trophy case!
The other top schools from the Fall Mud Run did an amazing job as well, and we’re proud of the efforts of the staff and parents for helping promote the event:
2. Mendota Elementary – 49 kids
3. Midvale Elementary – 40 kids
4. Wright Middle – 27 kids
5. Lindbergh Elementary – 25 kids
All in all, 756 kids participated in this year’s event, with 142 parents joining in the fun!
Perhaps the most amazing stat of all for the Mud Run is the fact that we had 164 kids participate on scholarship – one in five. This means 21% of the kids participating were able to participate for free, and Tri 4 Schools will still make a donation to their school, thanks to the help of our donors, grant partners, and corporate support. It’s so important to provide opportunities like this to all children, and if you believe that healthy kids make better learners and healthier adults, we hope you’ll consider becoming a member of our support team by making a tax-deductible gift online. Even a $15 donation provides one mud run scholarship.
Thank you for your support, and we hope to see you next year!