Pre-race Packet Pickup
There will be a drive-through packet pickup on Friday, May 14th at the Waunakee Village Center. Full details will be sent to registered race participants.
8:00am: Registration area opens
8:30am-8:50am: Wave 1 start window
9:00am-9:20am: Wave 2 start window
9:30am-9:50am: Wave 3 start window
10:00am-10:20am: Wave 4 start window
10:30am-10:50am: Wave 5 start window
11:00am-11:20am: Wave 6 start window
11:30am: Wave 7 start
This event will offer a 2-mile course, a 1-mile course, and a 1/2-mile course. All course distances are available within all start wave times so that family members who may be running different course distances may all start their races within the same wave. Participants will start individually, or as a family unit, to allow for social distancing.
There is also an at-home option for participants who are interested in a virtual option.
Note: We are able to accommodate course change requests until the Wednesday before the event; please contact us prior to that time if you need to switch your registered course distance. We will be unable to make course changes at packet pickup or on the day of the event.
Race Entry Fees
Participants ages 3-14
- Early Registration (until 11:59pm on May 8): $25
- Registration (closes at 11:59pm on May 12 or sooner if race is sold out): $30
Participants ages 15 and up
- Early Registration (until 11:59pm on May 8): $15
- Registration (closes at 11:59pm on May 12 or sooner if race is sold out): $18
Financial assistance is available for any child who qualifies for free or reduced lunch! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with your child’s entry fee.
With registration, each athlete receives:
- Your race entry fee donated towards health and fitness programs at local schools
- Event bib
- Short-sleeve t-shirt (guaranteed availability and size only if registered by 11:59pm on May 2, 2021)
- Finisher medal
- Professional race timing and results available online (timing not available for at-home participants)
When an event sells out, we offer a wait list option. For details on how we manage an event’s wait list, please see our Frequent Questions section on our website.
Our events are held rain or shine, and we do not offer refunds for weather-related delays or cancellations. In the event that you are unable to attend the race due to illness, quarantine, or other reasons, we are happy to switch you to the at-home race and you will still receive your t-shirt and finisher medal. Please email email@example.com if you need to make changes to your registration.
The in-person race courses will be at Ripp Park in Waunakee, WI. Parking is available in the park.
All athletes will receive a finisher medal. All in-person participants will be timed and trophies will be awarded to the top three girls and boys in each of the divisions listed below:
2-Mile Course: ages 13-14, ages 11-12, age 10 and under
1-Mile Course: ages 9-10, ages 7-8, age 6 and under
1/2-Mile Course: ages 5-6, ages 3-4
We will contact award winners after the race with information about trophy pickup.
Go to the Results tab above to view previous race results.
As we take steps toward a return to in-person racing, we want to keep you informed on the ways we are keeping our events safe for participants, volunteers, and staff. Here are a few things you can expect when participating in a Tri 4 Schools event in 2021:
- All event activities are outdoors, which allows for good air circulation and opportunities for social distancing.
- Our race capacities have been adjusted to prevent congestion on the course and remain within current county gathering regulations.
- Spectators are limited to one spectator per child race participant.
- Participants will start their race individually (or as a family unit), spread across various wave times, to maintain distancing on the course and at the race site.
- Packet pickup has been redesigned to be no/low contact, with options to pick up the day before the race or on the race morning.
- Volunteers and spectators will be required to wear masks while at the race site. Participants will be required to wear masks any time they are not actively racing on the race course.
- We ask that any participant, volunteer, or spectator who is experiencing any illness symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID, or is waiting for a COVID test result, or is a close contact to someone who has recently tested positive for COVID, to refrain from attending the event.
- Hand washing and sanitizing will be available at the race site, and common surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- We will not be offering food items at the race site. We ask attendees to remain at least 6 feet away from other attendees while consuming any food or beverage.
- Even with the return to in-person racing, we will continue to offer an “at-home” option for any participants who would prefer to complete their race at home.
View Race Maps and Materials
Click the buttons below to view race materials.
Thank to you our amazing event partners, who make sure we are able to support health and wellness programs in our local schools!
Waunakee Lions Club
Orange Shoe Personal Fitness – Waunakee
Are you ready to have a happy, healthy, and confident kid?
Register for this event today!
200 E. Verona Ave. #126
Verona, WI 53593