Once again, we have a lot to be thankful for.
It’s almost November, where we reflect on everything we have to be grateful. We always do an official season recap, where we can look back, take a deep breath, and remember another amazing year here at Tri 4 Schools.
- We helped 2,515 children cross the finish line of one of our events, awarding 428 scholarships. This means nearly one in five of our athletes participated in our events free of charge, with a donation still going back to their school.
- We served 522 kids through our Exercise to Achievement program across 24 sites from March-August, with over one in three children participating via our scholarship program.
- We had 141 different schools participate this year, 139 in Wisconsin.
- There were 28 schools who raised more than $500, and 13 that raised over $1,000!
Currently, we’re reaching out to schools to let them know how much they earned and find out how they plan to use the funding to benefit their students. We’ll also be visiting our fittest schools for each event to present them with a cool trophy and a giant check (who doesn’t love those?!). We also visit every school that earned over $1,000, because we want them to know what a great thing they earned for their school and classmates.
Our Fittest Schools in 2017
Waunakee Triathlon: Arboretum Elementary
Inaugural Sun Prairie Triathlon: Royal Oaks Elementary
Middleton Triathlon: Elm Lawn Elementary
Mud Run: Lincoln Elementary (four years straight!)
Top Five Fittest Schools Overall in 2017
5. Mendota and Arboretum Elementary…90 kids
3. Northside Elementary – Middleton…98 kids
2. Elm Lawn Elementary…102 kids
1. Lincoln Elementary School…171 kids (FOURTH straight year – they can KEEP our traveling trophy for another year)!
Congratulations to all our athletes and their schools, and thank you to parents and school staff for participating! To our amazing volunteers and sponsors, we couldn’t have done it without you! We’ll have lots to share with you in the coming months regarding our 2018 season.